Common Questions

Frequently Asked Questions

Answered by Our Chicago Workers' Compensation Lawyers

Since 2000, McHargue & Jones, LLC has been working hard to provide individuals across Illinois with high-quality legal services, handling personal injury claims and workers' compensation claims. We have helped thousands of clients recover millions of dollars in settlements and awards. Our approach to legal representation is aggressive yet compassionate, and when you work with one of our lawyers, you can feel confident in knowing a skilled advocate is on your side.

To learn more about our personal injury and workers’ compensation services, contact us at (312) 487-2461.

What Types of Cases Do You Take?

Personal injury and workers’ compensation law cover a wide range of legal situations. For nearly 20 years, we have been helping clients across the state, and we have the knowledge and experience to handle any injury-related case.

We have handled many different kinds of injury cases, including:

What Is Workers’ Compensation?

By law, employers must follow the Workers’ Compensation Act. This includes providing benefits and compensation to most employees who are injured on the job or as a result of their job, including injuries associated with exposure to toxic or dangerous chemicals. If you have been injured in an accident at work or while performing your job, you may have grounds to file a workers’ compensation claim. Our Chicago lawyers can help you file your claim with The Illinois Workers’ Compensation Commission.

How Do I Report an Injury? How Do I File a Workers' Comp Claim?

If you have been injured at work in Illinois, you need to report the injury and the approximate date and location where it happened to your employer. You may submit your report in writing or orally. You must then file your application with the Illinois Workers' Compensation Commission. With your application, you must also file a Proof of Service. A Proof of Service states that you have also served your employer with a copy of your application.

To get help and guidance when reporting and filing your workers’ compensation claim, call McHargue & Jones, LLC at (312) 487-2461.

My Employer Doesn’t Have Workers’ Compensation Insurance. What Do I Do?

Unfortunately, this happens all too often. If your employer doesn’t have workers’ compensation insurance, they should be reported to the Illinois Workers’ Compensation Commission’s Insurance Compliance Division. Many clients report being nervous to report their employers, but this shouldn’t stop you from holding them accountable. If your employer does not properly pay the benefit, you should be entitled to receive under the Illinois Workers' Compensation Act. Our Attorney may be able to secure your money from the Illinois Injured Workers' Benefit Fund. This fund is established to provide access to benefits for people unfortunate enough to have been injured while working for an uninsured employer. For help and support with reporting your employer, call one of our lawyers at (312) 487-2461.

What Do I Do if I Suspect Workers’ Compensation Fraud?

Workers' compensation fraud is a serious problem, and many circumstances can result in allegations of fraud. These situations range from filing fraudulent claims to obtain benefits to an employer making false statements to deny an employee the benefits to which they are entitled. If you suspect that fraud has been committed, or if you have been wrongfully accused of workers' compensation fraud, contact one of our attorneys for guidance.

For a free consultation with our workers’ compensation and personal injury attorneys in Chicago, call (312) 487-2461.

Why Hire Us

  • Millions of Dollars Recovered
  • Nearly 20 Years of Experience
  • No Fees Unless We Win
  • Personalized Attention
  • Se Habla Español

Free Consultation

Start Today
  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.